Have you ever taken your kids to a Splash Pad?? If not you are totally missing out!
What is a Splash Pad?
A splash pad is a great place to cool off in the summer. Instead of a pool, it's more like running through the sprinklers.
Here are a few reasons that I think Splash Pads are so great:
1. Most of them (not all) but most are FREE!!
2. You don't have to worry about your kids drowning!!
3. You don't have to pack floaties, life jackets, or pool toys!!
4. Its a perfect place for kids of all ages. (Even my 10 month old loves the Splash Pad!)
Here are a few ideas on what to take with you to the Splash Pad:
1. Beach Towels
2. Pack a lunch
(most Splash Pads are at a park where there are plenty of places to take a break from running through the water and have a picnic)
3. Water Bottles & Snacks
5. Splash Pad toys (a sand pale to fill with water and pour out, squirt gun, even a beach ball)
(if your kids are older and can play by themselves make sure to take something to entertain you!)
7. Change of clothes for the ride home
I hope you head out and enjoy your local Splash Pad~ That is where we are headed!
Ellie Enjoying the Splash Pad