Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Secret Sugar Cookies

I am about to tell you the BEST Sugar Cookie recipe you'll ever find! I PROMISE! Every time I make these cookies they instantly become someones favorite cookie! I love to make sugar cookies with my family because my little girl loves helping roll out the dough, cut different cookie shapes, frosting (choosing the colors) and sprinkling the cookies.
 
What You Will Need
 
Cookies:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
 
Frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
 
Preheat oven to 425*
 
Cream shortening and sugar. In separate bowl beat eggs, mix vanilla in and pour into shortening/sugar mixture. In separate bowl combined flour, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients and milk slowly into shortening/sugar bowl and mix well. Spread flour across counter top, roll out dough over the flour so the dough doesn't stick to the counter and cut your favorite cookie cutter shape. Spray baking sheet with Pam and bake for 9 minutes
(don't leave in any longer or they will burn)
 
To make the frosting pour powdered sugar into bowl. Heat milk and butter in microwave until butter is melted completely, add vanilla and slowly pour into bowl. If the frosting is to thin add powdered sugar, if its to thick add more liquid mixture. Add your favorite food coloring if desired. Sprinkle right after frosting so the sprinkles will stick! 
 
 
I hope you ENJOY as much as every one else does!
 
As always thanks for coming by. Feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.
 
Today I am featured on Mommy's Memorandum click here to see!
 
 
XOXO Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment