Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Eating Healthier Makes a BIG Difference

As I promised in my detox details earlier this week I would share what my husband and I have been eating to help us each lose 30 pounds in just over two months and continue to lose. I am the first one to agree it's not easy to make the change but once you've totally committed yourself it starts to become natural.

1. Drink lots of water, anytime you can take a drink do!! Try to drink a full glass of water before each meal.

2. Eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.
( I don't eat a snack after dinner but Justin does)

3. Eat as many berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) and vegetables as you want.

Breakfast Meal Ideas:

Plain oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, apples and cinnamon.
Hard Boiled Eggs (eat 1 full egg and 3 egg whites) with fruit
Fried Eggs (3 egg whites and one whole egg.) with fruit
Granola bar and fruit
Greek Yogurt with fruit
Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas

Lunch Meal Ideas:

Grilled chicken breast and vegetables
Grilled chicken salad
Whole wheat pita or tortilla, Dijon mustard, turkey breast lunch meat, and vegetables.
Tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread with carrots
Light progresso soup

Dinner Meal Ideas:

Grilled chicken breast with grilled peppers.
Broiled whole wheat bun, shredded chicken, avocado, and salsa
( a new Hamblin favorite, will post recipe soon!)
Chicken tacos with whole wheat tortillas
*I actually cook a lot of the same dinners that I always have, just make sure you eat smaller portions and serve with salad, vegetables and fruit.

Snack Ideas:

String Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Greek Yogurt
Hard boiled egg
Granola bars
Apples with peanut butter
Applesauce

*Don't be too hard on yourself it's ok to mess up sometimes ( like me having a root canal yesterday and thought an ice cold Pepsi was well deserved!)

(Grilled Lemon Chicken with Carrots and Green Beans)


If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them for me, I would appreciate it!



2 comments:

  1. just found your blog and i'm excited to find someone else who is on a healthy eating journey!! I've blogged several times about my fitness journey and post my menu's every monday and try to include links for recipes ~ would love for you to check it out!
    www.miculkamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it! I checked out your blog, it looks great! I will continue to read especially for your fitness journey. Thanks again!

      Delete